The following are links to information and data for federal, state, and local funding streams. Choose a program for data, including contractor lists showing which organizations are funded to provide services. For an interactive map of job training workforce education providers across various funding streams, visit the WIRE Provider Directory.
Federal programs are administered by state and local agencies. For example, the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services (DFSS) administers the CDBG and CSBG programs locally. Click on a program for more information.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Contracts
- WIOA Policy Overview
- Workforce Investment Act – Title I
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Community Service Block Grant (CSBG)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Job Placement
- Work First
In addition to dedicated pages for each of the programs listed below, consider visiting Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s (DCEO) Grant Tracker for more a complete listing of all grants administered by DCEO. Currently these programs are no longer funded.
- Job Training and Economic Development (JTED)
- Employment Opportunities Grant Program (EOGP)
- Employer Training Investment Program (ETIP)
- Urban Weatherization Initiative (UWI)
Program Models of Note