WIA is the largest source of federal funding for workforce development activities. WIA Title I funds services for Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth job seekers.
WIA Update: Prior to PY2012, LWIAs 7, 8, and 9 merged to form one LWIA within Cook County.
Here is an overview of recommended contracts for PY 2013 for Cook County’s comprehensive workforce centers, affiliates (support sites for the comprehensive centers), sector centers, and bridge programs.
Additional LWIA funding information is listed in the DCEO allocation documents.
Funding and Outcomes Data:
The WIRE staff collected the following data directly from local WIA Program Service Administrators.
- LWIA #3 Boone & Winnebago Counties
- LWIA #5 Dekalb, Kane & Kendall Counties
- LWIA #6 DuPage County
- LWIA #7 Cook County (Created on July 2012 with merger of former LWIAs 7, 8, 9)
- LWIA #7 South Suburban Cook County
- LWIA #8 North Suburban Cook County
- LWIA #9 City of Chicago